Jun. 26th, 2008
07:58 am - You're like school in summertime
So I started my summer course yesterday. History of the Third Reich (just some nice, light, summer reading ). It seems like it'll be interesting but a shitload of reading (300 pages in 2 weeks) and somewhat disturbing. I'm just taking it so I don't have to take as many courses next year...
Last night was my baby brother's high school graduation! He won 8 awards (including the award for the highest average out of any graduating student), just to make me and my older brother look bad. Pfft, whatever. I graduated from high school and I did it years ago! He's just copying me. This marks the end of my mom's involvement with the public school system, that has been going on since 1988 when my older brother started kindergarten. And it means he'll be leaving for smelly Waterloo soon...
I'm getting very excited for this weekend. Pride weekend, yay! Parade on Sunday, obviously, but we get to put on our PRIDE edition of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I went out flyering on Church street, and we're getting ready to make this gay movie even gayer. Pleeeeeeease come see it! Tomorrow- Friday the 27th at the Bloor Cinema (Bloor/Bathurst), 11:30pm.
Tee hee hee- having a kitten is so cute
Jun. 17th, 2008
Here you go, Mercedes! You got me to post in my livejournal again! If anyone wants to do it, feel free, but I'm just doing it to appease the other redhead.
You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out :)
1. First Name: Rena. But hopefully you all knew that.
2. Age: 20 *gasp*
3. Location: Toronto, in the house of 69. Living with Mina, Kyla, and Sam in a house near Christie/Bloor where we've been for almost a year now.
4. Occupation: I work as packaging/sales/dishwasher at The Queen of Tarts on Roncesvalles. I've been there for a year and a half now and I love it. I get to hang out with fun people and eat pastry. Mmm....
5. Partner?: In crime? That'd be my Sambearpig. But if you mean boyfriend, then yes, Lethy and I are still madly and sickeningly in love and have been for a little over three years. Eee he makes me smile! :D
6. Kids: I like other people's kids...
7. Brothers/Sisters: Peter and David. David is heading off to Waterloo in the fall to study *shudder* mathematical physics.
8. Pets: Seymour the kitten. He's three months old and black and white and very hyper. But he's super friendly and does what all the Perlman cats do- he falls asleep upside down in your lap. It's so cute <3
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
- Uh, school. Trying to actually get good at what I'm doing and not graduate with no clue how to use a camera.
- I'm spending my summer like a big nerd trying to improve my mind since I have no money to go traveling. That way when people ask what I did this summer I can say "I learned about middle eastern history!"
- I don't know...trying to find time to spend with Lethycat and Sammy and Steph and lots of other cool people that I don't see often enough.
10. Parents: Mom, who is in Valdez, Alaska at the moment as the only Canadian accepted into the Last Frontier Theatre Conference! I'm so proud of her.
Father I suppose...he's alive and doing something...it's nearing the ten year mark since I've had any personal contact with him.
11. Who are some of your closest friends?
Sam, the sexiest housemate of them all. Steph, the sexiest boobtacular gothic vegan of them all. Lethy (yes, he is my best friend, too), Seamus, Luca, Jill...
Then there are my friends whom I love and never see. Mercedes, Lisa, Katie, Melissa, Eden, Cassie.... sad times.
Mar. 29th, 2008
09:35 pm - Hey, high school people!
You'd be interested to know that I'm reading a book for my Children's Fiction class called Harriet's Daughter, and it's about a girl who goes to....
She's talking about walking along St. Clair right now. Maybe she's going to go get a hot chocolate at Biblio's or something. Ah, memories.
Mar. 7th, 2008
Perchik: There's a question... A certain question I want to discuss with you.
Perchik: It's a political question.
Hodel: What is it?
Perchik: The question of... marriage.
Hodel: Is this a political question?
Perchik: Well, yes. Yes, everything's political. Like everything else, the relationship between a man and a woman has a socioeconomic base. Marriage must be founded on mutual beliefs. A common attitude and philosophy towards society...
Hodel: - And affection?
Perchik: Well, yes, of course. That is also necessary. Such a relationship can have positive social values. When two people face the world with unity and solidarity...
Hodel: And affection?
Perchik: Yes, that is an important element! At any rate, I... I personally am in favour of such a socioeconomic relationship.
Hodel: I think... you are asking me to marry you.
Perchik: Well... in a theoretical sense... yes. I am.
Hodel: I was hoping you were.
Oh, Fiddler on the Roof. How I <3 thee.
Feb. 24th, 2008
My Current Train of Thoughts:
stress stress school stress project stress other project stress school stress work school stress too much work stress not enough time stress unreliable people stress how am i going to get this all done? stress stress birthday? stress stress school work work work school work stress panic panic freak out
Feb. 6th, 2008
07:31 am - WEIRDEST DREAM!!!
I had the weirdest dream!!!!
I dreamt I was pregnant and thought I was going into labour and Kyla was driving me to the hospital which was at Christie/Dupont and then I was like "Oh, I should probably call Leth lol" and I called him and was like "Yeah, I'm going into labour but, like, it's gonna be a while so you don't have to come to the hospital for a few hours if you don't wanna"
And then I was in the hospital watching DVDs and I kept saying quietly "I don't think I'm really in labour yet, I'm just pregnant is all...ah well, I like sitting around here watching South Park." and then I was like "I guess when Leth gets here we should probably talk about if we're keeping the baby and all. Whatevs. I wanna call Lisa and tell her to come see me but I'm pretty sure I'm not in labour..." and then I woke up.
It was like the weirdest, most laid-back dream about pregnancy EVER! (Apparently it means I'm worried about starting some new project [which I am] but it's so weird!)
I liked the part where I was on my way to the hospital and I ran into a girl I knew in high school and she was like "Hey, Rena, what's up?" and I was like "Okay, don't judge me, this was just a random accident but...." (I revealed my tummy, embarassed). And we both kind of laughed and went on talking...I think this is because I saw her at U of T last week but I looked really bad and was too embarassed to say hi. Weeeeird!
Feb. 5th, 2008
So in my Children's Fiction class, my professor was going over some advertisements from the Victorian era that used kids in them, even if the product had nothing to do with children. He pointed out this one and said "This is kind of like those lol cats you see on the internet"
Look at the captioning:
Also, these ones are just creepy
Jan. 27th, 2008
02:18 am - I stole this and changed it :D
Put your music player on random. List the first ten songs, which friend they remind you of, and why.
(Listen to the) Flower People by Spinal Tap - Ben, definitely. We used to have huge Tap sing-a-longs and he flipped out when I told him I met Harry Shearer.
John Nineteen-Forty-One from Jesus Christ Superstar- I'm going to go with Morgan because JCS reminds me of theatre and specifically the Oakwood auditorium which are all Morgan-centric.
Paper Bag by Fiona Apple- Who else could it be except Tess? I remember her walking around singing this all the time and regaling me with stories of how amazing Fiona Apple is :oD
Voices of Freedom by Lou Reed - Lethy because he gave me this CD on our one year anniversary <3
February Stars by Foo Fighters- Tough one but I think it's Deshman because I distinctly remember listening to a whole Foo Fighters album in Greg's with him.
Jump Into the Fire by Harry Nilsson - Minabug! Totally Minabug- she's one of the only people I know who even know who Harry Nilsson is.
Fanfair/ Don't Dream It, Be It by Stunt Monkey - The Rocky Horror Punk Rock Show goes to Sam.
Cascades by Scott Joplin- My brother David because he has a real thing for ragtime.
Unforgettable by Nat King Cole- Lethy again because I sang Nat King Cole to him outside the Bloor Cinema in front of everyone for our anniversary
But Not for Me by Gershwin, Bing Crosby version - Hahahha Seamus because he wants to reanimate Bing Crosby's corpse so he can murder him for ruining Christmas.
Jan. 23rd, 2008
Oh god. Get me out of here.
I have a cold which, for me, means that I'll be sort of sick for two weeks but the first day is just wretched.
Which is today. Wednesday. When I have class from 9am-9pm.
In 40 minutes I can go homeeee and sleeeep. But until then I am stuck in Production Management and want to shoot someone.
Jan. 19th, 2008
A MOST HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAREST LOVE, KATIE.
You really are my sunshine who makes me happy when skies are gray. You are more beautiful than you'll ever know and I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! I miss having you around to incessantly quote Futurama with.
"I guess I was so desperate to find out who I really was, that I forgot who I really was."
- Fry: What's so wonderful about Leela being normal? The rest of us aren't normal and that's what makes us great. Like Dr. Zoidberg: he's a weird monster who smells like he eats garbage and does.
- Dr. Zoidberg: Damn right!
- Fry: And the Professor's a senile, amoral crackpot. [Farnsworth blubbers and waves] Hermes is a Rastafarian accountant.
- Hermes: Tally me banana!
- Fry: Amy's a klutz from Mars.
- Amy: [drops her glass] Sploops!
- Professor Farnsworth: And, Fry, you've got that brain thing.
- Fry: I already did! So, Leela, do you wanna be like us? Or do you wanna be like Adlai with no severe mental or social problems whatsoever?
- Leela: That's the dumbest question I ever heard!
Happy Birthday- you are perfect the way you are.
Navigate: (Previous 10 Entries)